Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sesame Hot Dogs




I loved this recipe it was from the taste of home. It took a little work (30min prep) but the boys were able to help and it was easy. I have thought of some ways to shorten this time and reduce the price. I will give that after I give the official recipe.




8 hot dogs
1/4 cup sharp American cheese spread
8 count refrigerated biscuit
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup sesame seeds




Cut the hot dogs 3/4 of the way thru lengthwise. Spread cheese in pockets. Roll the biscuits out thin and wrap around the hot dog. Seal the hot dog in the dough. Baste with butter and roll in Sesame seeds. Bake at 425 of 11-13 minutes.(1 hot dog - 276cal)




The reality is I used shredded cheese that I had in the fridge. Also I did the first one basting and coating and too many seeds stuck in one place. I switched to just coating with the seeds. Sprinkled a little butter on the top. Also I had bun length hot dogs, the classics would have wrapped easier. You could also eliminate the need for stuffing by simply buying cheese hot dogs. Also the sesame seeds were nice but unless you buy them in bulk at an international food store they are expensive. This recipe would have still been good without them. Also I did half hot dogs for the boys (use a half biscuit for each half).
Bottom line Aaron loved helping with this recipe. The boys thought it was great. I would do somethings different next time but I would do it again.




1 comment:

david, kim, anthony and sophie said...

weve done something similar. we used the cressant rolls. cut the hot dogs in half. roll the half hotdog up in the already flattened out triangle and bake. use the pillsbury cressant rolls in a can and they are already precut too. 4 hot dogs makes 8 rolled up hotdogs. great for picnics too either way you make em!