Friday, October 12, 2007

Thoughts on Infertility

I have been thinking a lot lately about my journey through infertility and where it has led me. But more the fact that everyone's journey is different and may lead to a different result. I believe the Lord has a journey for every woman and that he has a special and unique result for each one. Their journey may be shorter or longer than mine and that is okay. My journey has taken me through infertility treatments, waiting, trusting and believing the Lord has a plan. His plan for me led to a pursuit of an international adoption and Aaron. But the journey for someone else may end with a very special birth child. Another's journey may lead to contentment without children. Another's may lead to fostering children. Another may lead to a domestic adoption. Everyone's journey is different but the Lord goes with you and if you allow it He can use it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I have to say: Well said, Amanda. Those are powerful words and I respect them totally.

I'm so glad you're blogging now!! :)

david, kim, anthony and sophie said...

very true. we thought that our path was leading toward adoption as well. we had made peace with the idea and were excited to pursue it. i started the diet and medicine only to be healthy. then surprise-anthony! even when you think you know what the future holds, the Lord shows you that He is in control.