Thursday, January 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Fudge

I thought I would share my peanut butter fudge recipe.  I can't take credit for it.  A gentleman named Merv that I worked with in McConnellsburg made this fudge ever year.  He gave us the recipe the year before he died.  Since then it has been my job to make the fudge.

2 sticks of margarine
4 cups of sugar
1.5 ounces (3 Tablespoons) corn syrup added to evaporated milk to equal 1 cup
1 teaspoon vanilla
18 ounces peanut butter
7 ounces marshmallow creme

Melt margarine and add sugar and corn syrup/milk mixture.  Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.  From a rapid boil time 5 minutes.  Remove heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and marshmallow creme.  Stir until you can find no more white creme.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Cool and serve.

Notes: Can double without a problem use a jelly roll pan
             Can add nuts if you like.
             Crunchy peanut butter can be used
             Evaporated skim milk works just fine
            Butter seems to affect the texture but it is still good.
             Have used some splenda in a pinch but never for the whole thing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best fudge EVER!!!