Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Waiting

I am not ready to call this verse my life verse. It happens to be my mother's. It does however hold great meaning for me at this point in my life. I read it to my campers this summer and told them that I was learning a lesson about waiting. And I have.

Isaiah 40:31
31 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

The thing I have remembered and held on to is the part of the verse on those who wait on the Lord. I consider the fact that it does not say how long the waiting will be. My wait is the perfect length in God's eyes and I must trust that it is. I must trust that He will renew my strength. Not only my strength in moving but my strength in waiting. The waiting in some cases is harder. But then comes the promise. It may begin as walking maybe even plodding but we will run and even fly. His timing is prefect and when we wait for His timing we will fly to places yet unseen.

No comments: