Friday, February 24, 2012

Leftover Cheese Sauce

Sometimes you end up with strange leftovers.  In my case I bought a very large container of cheese sauce.  I thought I was going to do nachos for a super bowl party but things change.  So first I made tacos.  And here is the other idea I came up with to use some more cheese sauce.

Cheese Potato Soup

4 medium potatoes peeled and diced into small pieces
6 slices of bacon
1/2 onion diced
1/2 cup diced carrots
2 cups of milk
1-2 cups of water
1/2 to 3/4 cup of cheese sauce

Cook potatoes in boiling water till soft.  Meanwhile cook bacon and save drippings.  Dice the bacon to be added later.  Saute onions and carrots until soft in drippings.  Add milk and water.  Heat slowly on low heat.  When potatoes are soft drain and add to soup.  Add cheese sauce.  Stir until cheese sauce melts/mixes with the soup.  Heat until warm.  Add bacon and serve.  This fed our family of four.

You probably notice there is no celery.  You are welcome to add - it doesn't fly very well at our house.
I was putting peas in until I couldn't find any in freezer.

So I am down to a half a can of cheese sauce.  I may share a few more ideas until I am done. 

No comments: