Monday, September 24, 2007

Apple Butter


This is my variation on a Betty Crocker recipe. I have had several requests for it. It is easy and done in the crock pot.

12 apples cored and quartered

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1 cup splenda

1/2 cup apple juice

1 Tbsp cinnamon

1 Tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp all spice

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp cloves

Place all ingredients in the crock pot(5-6 qt). Cover and cook 10-12 hours on low ( 5-6 hours on high). When apples are tender place in the blender and puree. It makes approximately 4 cups.

*Note if you are not a splenda fan you can use all brown sugar or a combination of brown and white sugar.
*Note if you do not have a blender peel the apples and use a potato masher after the first time period and cook down an extra 2 hours.
*Note I play with the spices I have made it with some or all the spices removed or adjusted except cinnamon. You can add more cinnamon but don't get rid of it all together.
*Note I have done up to a recipe and half at one time in my crock pot.

No comments: