Wednesday, February 9, 2011

January 23rd Gotcha Day

January 23 was a very important day in the Barbee house. It was 2 years ago that day that Andrew came to be with us. We were in Seoul South Korea and the Chinese New Year was about to begin. Oh how the time flies. I have a hard time imagining life without my energetic 6 year old. Who would believe this reading boy didn't know anything but the ABC song. I would say the only sad thing is that when he watches Pororo now he doesn't understand the words. He still likes it though. I can not imagine life when he becomes a teenager because he already can out eat Perry. On the other hand, he burns every ounce of it. I am thankful for a teacher that took the time to figure out how to motivate my boy. He loves to please but sometimes struggles because sitting still requires a serious amount of work.We are blessed to have some baby pictures of Andrew so I thought I would share one. Who is this boy now. A boy who truly loves to run. A boy who tries to slid down the hill standing up on the sled. The boy that wants to rescue his brother from trouble but also can do some serious teasing. He brave and scared all at the same time. He doesn't know a stranger and informed me the other day that he wanted to be a fixer when he grew up. He still loves anything on wheels especially cars and trains and motorcycles. He loves to play Wii with his Dad and wants a running explanation of who, what, when how and why.

I love him so much and God has blessed me beyond measure.



No comments: