Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Chicken and dumplings

Yes, I am a delinquent when it comes to posting but I want to remember this...so I am sharing.

I couldn't find the exact post I saw yesterday on facebook but this one was close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAn3VhYhjo

But didn't get things together fast enough to crockpot it.

So here is my stove top version that was a hit.

2 large chicken breasts...boiled in about 6 cups of water save water.

2 cans of cream of chicken

1tsp bullion powder or chicken base or 1 cube

about 3 cups of leftover mixed veggies

2 tubes of small refridge biscuits or 1 grands - cut into small pieces.

A touch of montreal steal seasoning to taste

Remove cooked chicken breasts and shred.  Return to pot along with all ingredients except biscuits.  Bring to a boil and add biscuits.  Cook covered until the biscuits are done about 15 minutes.

This was a hit with my family.  If you are not into processed foods...run.  If you would like to go less processed...make your own gravy and biscuits and use different veggies.  Either way enjoy.

No comments: